Eye to Eye Counselling, Leamington Spa, Warwickshire
I work in a truly collaborative way with you where I see us working through the issues that you present to me within the counselling process in order for you to understand and make sense of them.
You can put your story across and be heard in a safe and non judgemental environment. It is about clearing barriers and having the potential to re-write your story.I use:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT): to help change your thinking errors and challenge them by finding more helpful alternative thoughts.
- Solution Focused Therapy (SFT): keeps our conversations on the track of solvable problems.
- Psychodynamic Theory: this suggests that the past impacts on the present. I feel its important to explore the past and childhood as this can allow the present and the future to be different.
- Systemic Therapy: Systemic ideas and questioning can promote change and create difference. It introduces the concepts of curiosity, speculating, and hypothesising which can help you to make sense of both yourself and your relationships. It also encourages you to look to your wider systems ie friends, family and work for help and support.
- Attachment Theory: This is the ability for you to grow, branch out, take risks and develop a personality through a sense of stability and security. I will encourage you to explore your attachments to others and thus endeavour to create a secure base.
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT): a mindfulness based behavioural therapy that helps you accept what is out of your personal control and commit to action that improves and enriches your life.
Where appropriate I may set homework, tasks or suggest a book to read between sessions because I want you to get as much as possible from the counselling process.
It is also important for me to say that I can't wave a magic wand and pretend that you will leave me singing and dancing into the sunset, however the time spent in the counselling sessions will enable you to look at yourself and your relationships in a different and healthier way.
I want you to have the tools and strategies for managing your life and to make informed decisions regarding your future. In other words I hope you will be in a place of certainty or perhaps safe uncertainty which will allow you to take back some control and so is a more comfortable place to be.